Friday, March 4, 2011

Morro Bay Library

I'll bring Blondie, my White Dorking pullet, with me to speak at Morro Bay Library, 2 pm April 2. The event came about as part of Cuesta College's Book of the Year, which is Novella Carpenter's Farm City.
Mr. D, my Colored Dorking rooster, may attend as well. A neighbor complained about his crowing and he had to move. His new home is in Morro Bay, a few blocks from the library. However, on the journey to finding him a new home, I connected with a Beltsville White Turkey who needed a new home as well. He moved to the Urban Farm at the former Tropicana Nursery on Quintana Road, too.

The turkey, who has a lot of Star Quality himself, will make an appearance at the library event. It depends on how complicated transporting the birds gets as to whether Mr. D will also be able to appear.

If you are in the area, come join us!

No comments: