Monday, March 28, 2011

Meet the Chickens

On Friday, April 1, I'll spend the day at Bauer Speck Middle School in Paso Robles, showing the fifth graders my chicken and talking to them about theirs. It's part of their annual Ag Day. Judy Honerkamp invited me to be part of the activities. That will go well with the article I'm writing for Hobby Farm Home on Chickens in the Curriculum, for the September/October issue.


Saturday is the Morro Bay library event. On Monday April 4, Cuesta College will show "Mad City Chickens" at their North County Campus, 7 pm. I'll be on hand to answer questions after that.


On Wednesday, I'll join the group having lunch with Novella Carpenter, author of Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer. Her book focused a lot of attention on the issues of raising food even in urban situations that do not initially look promising. Cuesta College chose it as its Book of the Year. I'm honored to be invited to be part of the activities.

No comments: