Tuesday, September 9, 2008

APA-ABA Youth Program


Doris Robinson, National Director/Coordinator of the Joint American Poultry Association-American Bantam Association Youth Program, told me that she is giving a copy of How to Raise Chickens to the winner of the youth photo contest at the APA National show, Bash at the Beach V October 25-26 in Ventura.


"I was looking for something that would relate to photography and I thought your book would be great with all of the beautiful, colorful pictures in it," she said.


Having my book awarded as a prize is a great honor. Thanks, Doris! I look forward to meeting the young photographer who wins it.


Many of the photos in the book were taken by a young poultry fancier, Corallina Breuer, who was a senior in high school when she took the pictures. She's a very talented young woman who has gone on to college.

No comments: