Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

2012 was a great year and I'm looking forward to an exciting, interesting year in 2013.

Big changes I saw were in the arena of increased awareness of heritage livestock generally and poultry in particular. Reports of lack of jobs and lack of food make me see a connection: Get more people growing better food! I'm convinced we are on the right path.

How to Raise Chickens came out in 2007, when few people considered keeping chickens at all. Since then, they've become the mascot of the local food movement and everyone I talk to either keeps a few hens or knows someone who does. So much has changed that a new edition was needed. The second edition will be available January 21 in bookstores, Tractor Supply stores and other outlets.

It's got lots of new pictures and updated information. It's a smaller, conventional book size, but the photos are still large and beautiful. More to come!

No comments: